Water Sanitation / Swachh Bharat
Sanitation, the most important aspect to be taken care of in order to improve and maintain good health and increase one's life span. Especially it is important for the children. Basic sanitation includes usage of latrines/toilets, maintaining cleanliness, filtered drinking water. The preparation of foods in a hygienic way is also a part of a healthy process. Lack of education on hygiene and sanitation leads us to an unhealthy practice of living which may lead to serious health problems even sometimes it can cause death. Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBMG), is a Clean India program, especially for rural India. Its prime object is to make India Open Defecation Free by 2019. The goal of SBMG is to provide all rural areas with
- Access to Sanitation Facilities:Uptake of cost-effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation
- Solid and Liquid waste disposal system: Community-managed sanitation systems focusing on scientific solid and liquid waste management systems for overall cleanliness in rural areas
- Clean Surroundings: Adoption of sustainable sanitation practices and facilities through awareness creation and health education.
The large-scale campaign requires an extensive focus on capacity building of a range of key stakeholders especially those who motivate communities. Indev partnered with the Government of India to develop a Dashboard and mobile application and train the concerned persons responsible for the implementation of this program.
Objective of the Program:
- Improvement in quality of life of those who are living in rural areas.
- Adoption of good sanitation practice through an awareness program and proper health education.
- Developing sanitation systems focusing on solid & liquid waste management system.